Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Collection Series: Hand-Painted Dishes

                    In 2000, on a 12 day trip to Italy, [in addition to spending a week between Firenze and Roma] , I visited little hill towns, by train and by ferry,  hours away from Rome and any tourists. It was my most favourite trip because I was alone with a backpack, 35 mm camera/film, a few changes of clothing, my passport and return flight ticket..... and a diary.
 It was glorious!


I took 270 fotos, soaked up the sun, walked like a trooper, rode planes, trains, ferries (hydrofoils) rowboats, buses, motorboats and along the way, bought hand-painted dishes....just one from every town.  Want to see some?  Ok, then here they are! [and i haven't chipped even one...shhhhh, i shouldn't have said that...]

Cup from Capri

<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
Bowl from Benevento

Dish from Sorrento
Limoncello Factory on Capri
          These are my Grandparents hand-painted dishes from Sicily.
            I know what the sayings mean, ask me if you are curious!
I also have a delicate hand-made, wooden music box, from Anacapri,which is currently hiding from me....
 and I bought a
little 18 kt. gold and small leather goods from the Ponte Vecchio...
and a cameo ring from Naples...
But, this is about DISHES!
Just 2 more...
Meridiana from Florence
Hope you enjoyed this peak into some lovely hand-painted Italian dishes.
In closing for now, here is one more foto to savor..

                                    My Moroccan best buds are very generous!
Peace, Shalom, Salam
Until next time
oxxoxo
marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home