Saturday, June 11, 2011

Good Food

Hi. I have been thinking (really, i never stop thinking..).
Seems that Life after, say, 50, has been feeling a bit "freeing" to me.
After 50, I began to release and relax into a more calm and centered true me...The [incorrect] expectations I had placed upon myself, began to fall away. It feels good. Just by being, we are of immeasurable worth !

To illustrate my maturity (lol) I will now accept all fault for manifesting these Half-Century feelings of inadequacy. Also, as to.......
1) not blame my family (they bear no blame)
2) to acknowledge and realize I decided to impose and internalize and define myself , by my (little Marianne's) interpretation of what other's expected and thought of me, right from the get-go.  Foolish games of an overly-serious, overly-sensitive; "only-wanting-to-please-others" little girl.
Talk about making a mistake...and a self-destructive one at that..
If we are lucky, as we age, we learn and grow through paying attention to Life's lessons. 
The lessons of life ...and of death..
Loss is half of life! I've lost my best friend of 35 years (to cancer) ; [both my in-laws]...My 3 beloved Grandparents and, most recently, my own Dad (they were 87, 90, 95 and 90).
Life comes and goes for us all. And quickly..
It is important to BE your Authentic Self..otherwise we have missed the point of being alive. We all have a unique destiny to fulfill.
So.....smile from your heart.
Thank God everyday! Be gratetful ! LOOK UP!
Cherish your family and friends.
Delight in raising your children.
Preserve your good health, physical, mental, emotional.
Do what comes naturally!
Follow your heart, passions, talents, joys. Therein lies your authentic self.
Share your talents with others.
Be kind. Be kind. Be kind.
This is all you will be asked at the End..
"How KIND were you to others?" That is the whole enchilada, folks. Trust me.


                                                      1 Corinthians 13
1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.


                         13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.


                                         But the greatest of these is love.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgSpy3-Kx4kn2MW4mHgLHtSn46LBmS8nMwBVbaN424xcw7agGc0McaqM-K3YXZTbbApyJqRWjxrjE85HEw1qtqhrzn5LwXERcRtu-VnHtUlVyCTd1tNb9BrP5arS6KXRxsR_cdFpa7EEXE/s1600/276535-10-sailboat-against-a-beautiful-sunset.jpg


Well, so much for GOOD FOOD.
Maybe next time.
Love,
marianne

1 Comments:

At February 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Blogger marianne said...

I love this entry!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home